You should also check if your agent will provide an Energy Performance Certificate which is a legal requirement for you or if you will need to arrange this yourself?
Burgeon Properties can arrange an Energy Performance Certificate if required.
At Burgeon Properties we use the following to advertise our client’s properties;
- Telephoning buyers we think would be interested in your property (particularly those we know will work well with your timescales and price expectations).
- Email buyers we think would be interested in your property (particularly those we know will work well with your timescales and price expectations).
- Brochures for issuing in branch, at viewings and via the post which will contain accurate floor plans, dimensions and professional photography
- Internet promotion on our Burgeon Properties website and other marketing portals such as Zoopla, Primelocation, Gumtree and many others.
- ‘For Sale’ signs (if acceptable by the local authority).
Uncluttered rooms appear larger and more appealing. A well maintained and newly decorated property can be more attractive to potential purchasers.
We offer accompanied viewings so we can use our expertise to help sell your property.
Listening to feedback from viewings can be helpful to determine how to make your property more attractive to buyers.
It is important to be prepared for potential buyer’s questions such as; which fixtures and fittings are included? What are the neighbours like? What are your reasons for moving? We recommend discussing your answers with our staff to consider answers which will not disadvantage you to buyers. This will also ensure we are on the same page if the buyer asks the questions of your estate agent after the viewing.
Whatever happens, you should never feel pressured into accepting an offer you are not comfortable with – estate agents are acting on your behalf, not the buyers, so we will work with you to get the best price. Your estate agent will be able to advise you as they will be taking into account the response to the marketing so far, interest from any other parties and any recent comparable sales.
Your solicitor will send out a draft contract to the buyer’s solicitor so they can undertake the necessary enquiries and arrange a survey on your property.
We will assist you and your Solicitor throughout and keep you informed every step of the way.
- The Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract
- Evidence of a good title
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable
- Local search queries
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale
- The buyer’s mortgage offer
When the contract has been signed by both parties, the deposit (usually 10% of the purchase price) has been received and the solicitors are satisfied everyone is ready to proceed.
Your completion date will normally be set at this stage, around two weeks after the exchange or at a mutually agreed date by both parties.
Once the seller’s solicitors have confirmed receipt of funds, they will authorise Burgeon Properties to release the keys to the new buyer.
Congratulations, your property is now sold!
Before you leave remember to take meter readings and re-direct your post. We recommend you leave some notes for the new owner to explain how things work and where to find the essentials such as the boiler switch etc, they are sure to be appreciative (which may be helpful in redirecting any of your post!)
To arrange for a “Free Valuation” or if you have any questions regarding the sale of your property you can call us on 0208 691 9646 or fill in the valuation request form and we will be happy to assist you further.